We're located in Austin, TXSign in to contact The Lakeway Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Non-denominational
- has an average worship attendance of 850
Job at The Lakeway Church
Paid Summer Youth Internship
The purpose of The Lakeway Church Summer Intern Program is twofold:
1. To provide an opportunity for learning, growth, and training for future ministry.
2. To encourage middle school and high school students into passionate worship, authentic fellowship, spiritual maturity, sacrificial outreach, and respectful evangelism.
- Must have completed a minimum of freshman year in college
- Possess a strong and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a firm commitment to serve His church
- Clear self-identity and ability to set proper personal boundaries in ministry
- Have a teachable, willing servant’s heart
- Eagerness to lead and be self-motivated in planning, creating, and implementing programs
- Must pass TLC Background Check
- Summer Kick-Off Training: one night retreat, June 6-7th
- Camp Eagle: June 11-16th
- Glorieta Wilderness Trip: June 25th – July 1st
- Mission Waco Mission Trip: July 19-22nd
- Assist the Youth Ministry Staff in the planning and leading of youth programs for middle school and high school students, including but not limited to weekly programs, small groups, overnight events, day trips, and other events, trips, and activities
- Build relationships with students through weekly interaction and communication
- Prayerfully guide students toward a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Encourage and support students, being a positive example and above reproach
Working Relationships: Youth Ministry interns will work under the administration and supervision of the Youth Ministry Staff, being subject to the employee handbook.
Salaried position: $300 stipend per week
10 weeks, June 5th – August 12th
* Note: Because of our schedule, summer school is not permissible and personal vacation time is discouraged with this summer intern position.
The Lakeway Church is a loving congregation, welcoming members from all Christian traditions, and honoring God through worship and service. It is located in the suburbs west of Austin, TX. www.lakewaychurch.org