We're located in San Antonio, TXSign in to contact St. Luke's Episcopal Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Episcopal
Job at St. Luke's Episcopal Church
Director of Youth Ministries
St. Luke’s Episcopal Church in San Antonio, Texas is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministries. This individual will oversee the programs of Christian formation for students in 6th-12th grades. A self-starter who connects with youth in engaging and innovative ways would be a welcome addition to the leadership of St. Luke’s. This joyful faith community is one that celebrates God through a variety of worship styles, welcomes people from all walks of life, and aims to illuminate San Antonio with the light of Christ in all they do. This position reports directly to the Rector.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
- Overseeing and coordinating the development and implementation of various components of the Youth Program, including weekly faith formation offerings during the Sunday School hour, a weekly youth group program (currently Wednesday evenings), confirmation classes, and occasional retreats and mission trips.
- Developing and effectively managing the administrative aspects of the ministry, including the budget, fundraising, and compliance related to Safeguarding God’s Children.
- Collaborating with church staff, youth leaders at the diocesan level, and with youth leaders at other parishes, schools, and youth organizations.
- Communicating with youth, their parents/guardians, sponsors, staff, Vestry and the Rector, and publicizing all youth events to the parish via different mediums.
- Recruiting and training adult leadership team to help foster a sustainable ministry structure.
- Encouraging youth participation in all aspects of church life (e.g. worship, outreach, fellowship events) instilling in young people a spirit of discipleship and a desire to serve and make a difference in the larger community.
Qualifications for this position are:
- College graduate (preferred)
- 3-5 years experience working with youth, preferably in a church-based setting
- General familiarity with frequently used social media platforms
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google-based productivity tools
- Satisfactory completion of Safeguarding God’s Children training, background check, and drug screening
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work as part of a team
Finding a place for you and your family to connect with God can be a difficult endeavor. At St. Luke’s, we provide opportunities for you to grow in your faith as we strive daily to live into our Baptismal Covenant. With a variety of styles of worship, safe and loving nursery facilities, an assortment of formation opportunities, and a diverse and growing community of seekers, St. Luke’s gives you the means to live into the Good News of God in Christ each week.