We're located at 210 N Spring St, Murfreesboro, TNSign in to contact First Presbyterian Church of Murfreesboro
This is a job in…
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- has an average worship attendance of 300
Job at First Presbyterian Church of Murfreesboro
Student Ministry Internship
First Presbyterian Church — Murfreesboro, TN To know Christ, and make Christ known
STUDENT MINISTRY INTERNSHIP
Greetings from First Presbyterian Church!
The Family Ministries department at FPC is currently seeking applicants for an internship position for Middle School and High School Ministry. The Internship is for 12 months (July 2018 through June 2019). The internship is an excellent way to grow and learn in a ministry focused on Christ and relationships. The intern will gain practical ministry experience, receive personal guidance, professional guidance, and support to explore their gifts and potential call to vocational ministry. During the internship, time is provided for spiritual, practical, and theological development.
Attached is a description of the internship as well as the internship application. If you have any questions, please contact Bobby Harding, our Associate Pastor for Family Ministries. Please return the application as soon as possible. The position will be open as long as needed to find the right person.
We look forward to hearing from you!
STUDENT MINISTRY INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Part Time Student Ministry Intern
Purpose The purpose of the internship is to provide enrichment alongside experience in all areas of youth ministry within the context of the church. Interns participate in learning opportunities while engaging in relational ministry with students and their families. We provide training, mentoring and practical experience. More specifically:
- Education, encouragement and mentoring
- Guided practical experience and application
- Opportunity to explore gifts and call to vocational ministry
- Spiritual and theological development
- A growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ, the body of Christ and God’s work in the world
- Ability to invest effectively with youth, exhibiting creativity, understanding, humor and patience
- Work alongside Associate Pastor for Family Ministries in creating and implementing ministry to students which encourages them to explore and encounter Christ, grow deeply in faith, and live redemptively in the world
- Participate in training, enrichment and planning opportunities with our ministry volunteers
- Participate in and develop leadership skills in all program elements, including opportunities for fellowship, discipleship, outreach, mission and service, retreats and special events
- Practice personal, spiritual and professional growth
- Learn to assist in the coordination of volunteers and to encourage them in their ministry with students
- Initiate contact with students in order to build relationships and spiritual formation. Relational time with students is a high priority as part of the intern experience
- Learn communication strategies to keep students and parents informed in regard to upcoming events
Accountability Associate Pastor for Family Ministries and the Vision and Support Team (VAST)
Support Intern would receive a nominal monthly stipend and will be provided housing with a local host family.
For More Information
Associate Pastor for Family Ministries
[email protected] | 615-893-3882
Application Deadline Please apply as soon as possible. Position will be open until it is filled.
To request an application, send an email to [email protected]