We're located at 400 Seabrook Road, Tequesta, FL 33469Sign in to contact The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- Family Ministry
- is Episcopal
- has an average worship attendance of 300
Job at The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd
Director of Children, Youth & Family Ministries
Good Shepherd Church and School, located in the beautiful, seaside village of Tequesta, Florida, is looking for a full-time Director of Children, Youth and Family Ministries for its growing congregation. We are a loving parish family seeking a creative and engaging leader to develop our kids and family programs.
What’s it like to work here? You’ll be busy with 60-70 active children and youth, but we like it that way! At Good Shepherd, kids of all ages (and their families) care deeply about Jesus Christ and each other. The parish culture is one of helpfulness, caring and spirituality at every age. We enjoy fellowship and outreach. We love our pets, and you’ll see them here from time to time. Working at Good Shepherd is busy, but fun. The office environment is active, friendly and collaborative, and very productive.
What will you be doing? Multi-tasking is your superpower! You do a lot of things well, not always at once, but sometimes.
• This position calls for bridge building. Relationships are key to your success. You use your creativity to develop unique ways to make connections with youth and their families, newcomer families, and all parishioners, of any age. And, you work well with staff and volunteers.
• You will be developing exciting programs and activities to encourage and nurture faith formation.
• Yes, there will be some recruitment and training involved. Volunteers are vital to the success of these ministries. You have a knack for getting people to lend a hand.
• You love to plan and have the vision to see the progress of your programs now, and a few years from now.
• Communication is your middle name. Well, we hope not, but great communication skills are a definite requirement. Whether you’re addressing a group, posting on Facebook, writing a newsletter article or meeting with staff, you get the message across effectively.
What makes you a great candidate?
• are a problem-solver
• have a growing personal relationship with Christ • are organized • enjoy the company of children and youth • are adaptable • have a bachelor’s degree or higher • love to learn
If this sounds like you, please let us know! We would love to hear from you.
Please visit our website for more details of the job description:
This parish is a place where you can develop and nurture your relationship with God and to minister to one another as Christ's presence in the community. We invite each person who is here, and all who come here, to fellowship and participation in our parish life.