We're located at 927 E. Terra Ln, O'Fallon, MOSign in to contact The Summit
This is a job in…
- Children's Ministry
- is Non-denominational
- has an average worship attendance of 700
Job at The Summit
Children's Ministry Associate
PART-TIME: 20-25 Hours/Week
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
a. Volunteer Coordinator
-Recruit teachers to serve in Early Childhood and Elementary programs weekly. -Oversee the onboarding of new volunteers. -Implement regular and yearly appreciation of volunteers.
b. Child & Parent Education
-Work under NextGen Minister to implement vision for discipleship of children, babies-5th grade.
- Work under NextGen Minister to implement vision to equip parents as disciple makers of their children.
-Provide leadership and oversight of the check-in process. -Provide weekly communication to teachers regarding lessons and activities.
-Provide weekly communication to parents regarding lessons and calendar.
-Direct the teams who prepare lessons and setup classrooms.
-Other duties as assigned.
1. Personal Character: Should have a genuine love for Jesus. Must be committed to growing in the spiritual disciplines, able to teach and lead parents and kids, and practice leadership.
2. Doctrine: Must be in full agreement of the Summit statement of faith and have an ability to analyze curriculum to assure it is gospel-centric.
3. Education: Bachelor degree preferred.
4. Experience: Some experience working in ministry with early childhood or elementary aged children.
1. Recruiting: Ability to connect with people and involve them in becoming and remaining a part of the ministry to children.
2. Team Building: Establish healthy teams that carry out the ministry.
3. Communication: Effectively utilize social media, email, phone, and face-to-face capabilities with all people involved.
4. Creativity: Ability to apply curriculum to Summit needs and setting.
5. Organization: Create systems and processes to maintain order and steward limited resources.
Span of Influence:
Reports to the Next Generations Minister
Works alongside the Student Ministry Associate
Leads the Early Childhood and Elementary volunteers
Connects with parents of children in the Children’s Ministry
The Summit is a gospel-centered congregation that believes the gospel informs all things about salvation, growth, and ministry. We are located in O’Fallon, Missouri in a family-centered culture. Our congregation is 18 years old and has a weekly attendance of around 700.