We're located at 3651 Latta Road, Rochester, NY 14612Sign in to contact Lakeshore Community Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Young Adult / College Ministry
- is Baptist
- has an average worship attendance of 775
Job at Lakeshore Community Church
Student Ministries Pastor
Watch our video about the position:
General Ministry & Job Description
To effectively lead and develop ministries for Junior High students (6-8 grade), Senior High students (9-12 grade), and Young Adults that helps students and their families discover and develop a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Big Four: Junior High & Senior High, Young Adults, Small Groups, Leadership Development
Position Responsibilities & Vision
- Set and direct the vision of the Student Ministries in order to reach more teens and young adults for Christ in a way that fulfills the church’s vision. - Establish solid leadership at all Student Ministry programs and events, including large group and small group environments. - Develop large group programs that are fun, engaging, and effective at reaching young people at various stages of spiritual maturity. - Ensure consistent and effective communication with parents of students. - Create environments and opportunities for Young Adults to connect, grow, and experience Jesus in relevant ways. - Continually develop our student and young adult small groups so that more young people are connected to a caring, adult leader and consistently challenged to take the next right step in their relationship with Jesus. - Continually raise up and develop leaders who help you carry out the ministry to both students and young adults. - Steward and manage the ministry’s annual budget. - Perform occasional pastoral responsibilities outside of the ministry such as occasional weddings, funerals, and other pastoral care activities.
Personal Abilities & Skills
- Organizational and administrative abilities to plan effective events and coordinate many volunteers - Strong giftedness and confidence in public teaching and preaching - Ability to continually recruit, build, train, develop, and unleash a growing team of adult volunteers - A consistent self-starter who is willing to accept responsibility for the success of their ministry - Strong ability to work with people of various temperaments, gifts, passions, and church backgrounds - Ability to communicate effectively with teenagers, young adults, parents, leaders, and staff members - Desire to work closely with people and staff in order to develop meaningful friendships with them - Creative abilities to regularly think “outside the box” and be a “calculated risk taker”
Spiritual Gifts & Passion Areas (in no particular order)
Leadership Administration Teaching Shepherding
- Experience: Minimum 2-years experience in a similar role. - Education: Minimum 4-year degree from an accredited college, preferably with a Bible degree - An intimate & authentic relationship with God exemplified by a deep love for people - Striving to live with integrity and honesty in all areas - Regular observance of spiritual growth disciplines: Bible reading/study, prayer, Sabbath, solitude, journaling, accountable relationships - Decisions marked by a genuine faith and trust in God - Biblical leadership of the family, with intentional focus on living authentically at home, not just at church - Possesses a teachable spirit and attitude - Has experience within an attractional philosophy of ministry
People from all over Rochester, NY attend Lakeshore, many with an un-churched, de-churched, or even a bad-churched background. Regardless of their beliefs or their past, our doors are wide open for everyone to come as they are. Our mission is to help people explore faith in the God who loves them more than they know in order to help them discover and develop a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We believe God desires a relationship with us based on faith in His Son Jesus, not on a rigid set of rules. Hundreds have been rescued from despair and brought to hopefulness throughout the last 23 years when we began.
We set out to be a different kind of church — for people who might have given up on church, but not on God. We’re a church where you can be real, strengthen your relationships, and make an impact in our world.