We're located at 16415 North Road Mill Creek, WA 98012Sign in to contact Mill Creek Community Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Christian Reformed Church (CRC)
- has an average worship attendance of 100
Job at Mill Creek Community Church
Looking for a Youth Director who is dedicated to building relationships and community among our youth!
Director of Youth Ministries
The director of Youth Ministries leads the youth ministry at Mill Creek Community Church (MCCC). The director works with the church staff, members of the congregation and the community to lead and instruct sixth through 12th grade students and their families to be fully committed disciples of Jesus Christ.
Vision of Youth Ministry at MCCC
MCCC’s Youth Ministries strives to see students and their families connect, grow, worship, serve and play as disciples of Jesus Christ.
• By connect, we intend that the ministry will build relationships among students and leaders, students and students, and leaders and leaders. • By grow we intend that our students will mature in their relationship with Christ and display more attributes of Christ in their lives. • By worship we intend that our students will learn to praise and thank God, constantly acknowledging that he is Lord of all things. • By serve we intend that our students will learn to love God’s people and the world through acts of service. • By play we intend that our students will enjoy the life God has given us and find satisfaction in him.
Responsibilities of the Director of Youth Ministries
• Lead the middle and high school youth group. Middle and high school students currently meet together on Sunday evenings. • Continually recruit, train, lead and develop volunteer leaders for the youth group and/or small groups. • Develop positive relationships with students and their families in order to support, counsel and teach them. • Coordinate, participate in and direct youth mission trips, including fundraising. • Organize and lead service projects, retreats, events and biblically-based talks for students and leaders. • Reach out to students outside of the church building, as time permits. • Be available to co-teach catechism/Profession of Faith classes with the senior pastor. • Be available to participate in leading worship, as appropriate. • Work with the senior pastor and church staff to foster the work of the congregation. Expectations
• Report to the senor pastor. • Participate in weekly staff meetings and meetings with the senior pastor. • Check in monthly/quarterly with the Youth Advisory Committee. • Submit a quarterly ministry report to the Church Council. • Attend weekly worship. • Participate in regular church activities, as able.
1. Prior experience working in a leadership role in a youth ministry.
2. Committed to MCCC’s mission, values and denominational beliefs, found at http://www.millcreekchurch.com/about/ 3. A bachelor’s degree with emphasis in youth ministry is preferred.
4. Be or become a member of MCCC.
About MCCC and the Mill Creek area
MCCC is committed to “reflecting the renewing love of God in our community” by way of connecting, growing, worshiping, and serving. We are a multi-generational church with a number of different ministries such as: worship, children’s ministry, MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers), small groups, low-income food pantry, community garden and youth ministry.
Mill Creek is a charming, suburban community located between Seattle and Everett. It is near the freeway with access to many outdoor and cultural activities. On clear days there are many great views of mountains and the ocean.
This is an at-will, 20-hour-a-week, exempt position.
Compensation to be based on candidate’s experience and qualifications; will be discussed in greater detail during the interview process.
Please forward your resumé and cover letter telling about yourself, your experience and why you believe you are a good fit for this position to:
Youth Director Search
Mill Creek Community Church
16415 North Rd
Mill Creek, WA 98012
Mill Creek Community is a church that you walk into and are welcomed by friends. All the worries of the week wash away because you feel at home. You are called by name and prayed over without judgement and leave ready for another week. This encouraging and uplifting environment is the reason why many come back each week. The love of Christ is transparent all around which is why we are investing in a youth director who is willing to build relationships and walk along side of our youth through their journey. Please consider partnering with our community and our dedicated volunteers by joining our family.