We're located in Clarendon Hills, ILSign in to contact Community Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
Job at Community Presbyterian Church
Director of Youth and Family Ministries
Community Presbyterian Church (CPC) of Clarendon Hills, IL is seeking an experienced full-time Director of Youth and Family Ministries.
Community Presbyterian Church is a Presbyterian Church (USA) congregation that is centered around living the gospel of Jesus Christ through worship, community, and our journey of faith. The church is located in the village of Clarendon Hills, a southwestern suburb only a train ride away from Chicago. Clarendon Hills gives you a village feel in a suburban area.
CPC’s youth program is a strong, well-supported program with passionate and engaged students and devoted, long-term volunteers. CPC is committed to their youth and investing in their spiritual growth and they are looking for the right person to lead this ministry.
Essential functions for this role include:
- Oversee the Christian Education program for sixth through twelfth grade students and college-age students, which includes: Small group program, Sunday school, Fellowship and service opportunities, Retreats
- Work collaboratively to develop and implement a comprehensive and cohesive Christian formation plan
- Execute the vision for the youth program
- Coordinate, facilitate, support, and attend all youth mission opportunities including week-long summer opportunities for all high school students
- Facilitate opportunities for youth and their families to build community and feel supported
- Maintain and manage all modes of communication for youth programs
- Manage the budget for youth ministries
- Grow the youth program in participation, enthusiasm, and excellence
The best candidate for this position:
- Has a personal relationship with God
- Is a person of prayer, personal integrity, and joy
- Acts as a good model and teacher of the faith
- Has the ability to relate to and work well with youth and their families
- Is an enthusiastic and engaged partner with staff and other leaders
- Possesses a deep sense of calling to youth ministry
- Exhibits strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of three years’ congregational youth ministry experience in a mainline reformed tradition
A competitive compensation package including full benefits is offered. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] For more information about Community Presbyterian Church of Clarendon Hills, visit www.chcpc.com.
At Community Presbyterian Church, community is part of our name because we’ve seen how important it is and what a difference a sense of connection and real belonging makes in our lives. And we want everyone who walks in our doors to find that too, whatever your gender, age, sexual identity, religious background or lack thereof, no matter what the color of your skin, where you come from, or the amount of money in your bank account.