We're located at 201 W. Streetsboro St. Hudson Ohio 44236Sign in to contact Hudson Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Presbyterian (EPC)
- has an average worship attendance of 170
Job at Hudson Presbyterian Church
We are looking for a relational, outreach focused person to work with our Middle school, High school, and college students
Director of Student Ministries Job Description
201. W. Streetsboro St.
Hudson Ohio, 44236
The Hudson Evangelical Presbyterian Church is looking for a Director of Student Ministries, who is a committed follower of our Lord Jesus, and is passionate about working with middle school, high school, and college age students. We as a Church desire to be known as a place where people come to Know Jesus, Serve Jesus, and to Bring Others to Jesus, and value student ministry as a gift from the Lord to help us achieve these areas of our Vision.
Professional / Religious Experience and Education:
• Prior Professional or internship experience in leading Student Ministry at a Church (minimum of 2 years) • Experience in Outreach and evangelism to students inside and outside of the Church, teaching at weekly large group and small group meetings, leading Student Ministry events, and working closely with adult volunteers, parents and the Student Ministry Committee • Preferred Degree in Christian Ministries with a concentration in working with Students (or a college senior finishing a degree) • Affirm the Evangelical Presbyterian Church Essentials (on page 3)
• Effective at Interpersonal Communication • Ability to engage effectively with all generations • Sound Biblical Knowledge • Teaching and mentoring skills at both a student and college student level • Leadership abilities to facilitate and lead effective group meetings • Planning and Organizational skills, including Goal setting and implementation planning
• This is a fulltime position of approximately 40 hours weekly
• The Director of Student Ministries, is responsible for leading our Middle School, High School, and seasonal college age programs. These responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop, implement, and participate in a relationship ministry with the students and their families, and be an on-going personal contact.
- Be a mentor to the students, identifying the needs and interest of our youth and bringing exciting Christ-centered ideas, ministries, and programs that will appeal to this age group.
- Create opportunities and actively work to invite the community and their students and families to be part of the HPC Student ministry as one form of evangelism and outreach.
- Lead and encourage HPC students to invite the community and their students and families to be part of the HPC Student ministry as one form of evangelism and outreach.
- Involvement with students outside of church events. This includes attending, student’s sporting events, concerts, and spending time with students outside of the programmatic hours.
- Lead and participate in weekly student group meetings and special events. This may also include retreats, weekly Bible studies, overnighters at the Church, etc.
- Recruit and maintain a strong adult volunteer group
- Organize and lead local youth missions and an annual youth mission trip.
- With assistance from the Sr. Pastor, lead the church’s student membership program.
- Teach a Sunday morning study each week.
- Attend, and participate in when asked by the Sr. Pastor, in our weekly worship services on Sunday
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings.
- Organize and meet with Student Ministry Committee quarterly
- Lead a seasonal (Christmas break/Summer) College/Young Adult Ministry
- Interact and engage directly with the parents of HPC Youth for the purposes of Student Ministry support and involvement.
- As a member of the Church staff, while these are not under the Director of Student ministries leadership, it is important to engage with various other HPC Ministry Groups including Children’s Ministries, Senior Ministries, etc.
- With the help of the Student Ministry Committee, establish communication/information plants for HPC’s Leadership Boards in order for them to be fully aware of the Student Ministries plans and progresses throughout each calendar year.
• Integrity • Planning and organization • Leader • Group/team leadership • Passion for ministry • High work standards • Self-starter/takes imitative
Communication and Accountability:
The Director of Student Ministries will be responsible to, and work closely with the Sr. Pastor/Head of Staff, as well as the Leadership Board to bring about the Vision of the Church.
• Based on current market research and candidates experience
• Health care benefits
• 2 weeks of vacation for first 5 years, and one additional week beginning the sixth year
• One week of study leave
• Approved mileage at IRS mileage rate
THE EPC ESSENTIALS OF OUR FAITH
• All Scripture is self-attesting and being Truth, requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. The infallible Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is a complete and unified witness to God's redemptive acts culminating in the incarnation of the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks. On this sure foundation we affirm these additional Essentials of our faith:
• We believe in one God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. To Him be all honor, glory and praise forever!
• Jesus Christ, the living Word, became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He who is true God became true man united in one Person forever. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. On the third day He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Mediator.
• The Holy Spirit has come to glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to our hearts. He convicts us of sin and draws us to the Savior. Indwelling our hearts, He gives new life to us, empowers and imparts gifts to us for service. He instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
• Being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness, our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God's free grace. God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, thereby justifies them in His sight. Only such as are born of the Holy Spirit and receive Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
• The true Church is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit are united together in the body of Christ. The Church finds her visible, yet imperfect, expression in local congregations where the Word of God is preached in its purity and the sacraments are administered in their integrity; where scriptural discipline is practiced, and where loving fellowship is maintained. For her perfecting, she awaits the return of her Lord.
• Jesus Christ will come again to the earth-personally, visibly, and bodily-to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. "Even so, come, Lord Jesus." (Rev. 22:20)
• The Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations. Obedience to the Great Commission requires total commitment to "Him who loved us and gave Himself for us." He calls us to a life of self-denying love and service. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (Eph. 2:10)
All who are interested please send your resume to Pastor Rob Sparr at [email protected]
We are a Church family that believes that the Bible is the true Word of God and Jesus is Lord. We have Ministries for all ages, and are focused on helping people to Know Jesus, Serve Jesus, and Bring Others to Jesus.