We're located at 820 Springfield, MOSign in to contact First and Calvary Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Presbyterian
- has an average worship attendance of 400
Job at First and Calvary Presbyterian Church
Lead and develop Student Ministry
POSITION: Director of Student Ministry (Full-Time)
REPORTS TO: Assistant Pastor for Discipleship
POSITION OVERVIEW: The mission of First and Calvary (F&C) is to “Make Disciples of Jesus Christ.” The Director of Student Ministry is responsible for leading and creating a student ministry for 6th – 12th graders that is welcoming, relational, relevant, and Gospel-centered in its approach. The Director must be one who displays the gifts and calling to connect with middle and high school students and bring vision to grow the student ministry.
- A growing and integrated personal relationship with Jesus Christ - Experience and knowledge in youth ministry - Effective communication (oral and written) and technology skills - Demonstrated leadership ability and a team player - Adherence and commitment to the Essential Tenets of ECO - Education: Bachelor’s degree required (relevant area, preferred)
- Lead and coordinate the Student Ministry program that engages a growing number of students in and outside of the church that prioritizes community, Bible, prayer, and spiritual growth. - Connect and foster relationships with students, families, and leaders through weekly programs, events, and outside relational contact work (attendance at games, concerts, etc.). - Build a sustainable Student Ministry at F&C that cultivates utilizing volunteers, interns, and support from a parents’ Student Ministry Committee.
- Plan and execute an annual calendar of events that includes: •A yearly formational trip, mission or camp experience. • Establish clear and timely communication with families to keep them informed. - Manage and maintain yearly ministry budget. - Recruit and equip volunteer leaders to support F&C’s Student Ministry. - Ensure compliance documents have been updated, distributed, and adhered to by all involved parties (copyright licensing, background checks on volunteers and staff, etc.)
- Attend weekly staff meeting and meet regularly with Pastor for Discipleship for supervision. - Opportunities to preach and lead in Sunday worship on occasion will be available.
We are an ECO Presbyterian Church (www.eco-pres.org). Our congregation is eager to move forward in ministry and make an impact in students! We have two traditional worship services and one modern worship service. We have close to 60 students on our youth ministry rolls with varying levels of engagement.
There is a large youth lounge in our church building that includes three other youth spaces, two youth offices, a kitchen, and attached gymnasium. The youth ministry has undergone a lot of transition in recent years and the qualified person will work with the assistant pastor to help revitalize youth ministry at the church.