We're located in Paradise Valley, AZSign in to contact Paradise Valley United Methodist Church
This is a job in…
- Children's Ministry
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 350
Job at Paradise Valley United Methodist Church
Children's Ministry Director
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
(20 Hours per Week with opportunity to grow)
Church Mission Statement
God’s Love in Action
Church Vision Statement
Love that crosses all barriers and embraces all people
Children’s Mission Statement
To affirm the love of God and Jesus as revealed through the Bible, the church, and the community.
PVUMC Welcoming Statement
We invite you to join us on a shared journey of life and faith, open to all, regardless of age, ability, economics, color, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, politics, theology, or anything else that might separate us from each other. Whoever you are and wherever you may be on your spiritual journey, you’re invited to walk with Christ in community with all of God’s children and embrace the endless possibilities of God’s unconditional love.
Overview: The Children’s Minister oversees and supervises the Children’s Ministry activities from ages infant through fourth grade at PVUMC so as to provide a safe, nurturing environment for the spiritual growth of our youngest. The Children’s Minister works in a team environment to empower and encourage staff members and volunteers with resources, supervision, training, planning, coordination, and cooperation.
Time Commitment: 20 hours a week (Sunday would be one of the days) with possibility of growth.
• Parents and children are welcomed and feel a relational connection with the childcare team.
• A safe, clean, and nurturing childcare environment is provided with adequate staff and supplies. • Childcare policies and procedures are followed by all childcare workers and those policies and procedures are reviewed at least annually with your supervisor.
• Brochures, website, and other communications are kept up-to-date. • Attendance & adequate supplies are maintained for use by the childcare workers. • Qualified childcare workers are being hired, trained, and scheduled. Those workers are receiving continuing education at staff meetings as needed to maintain the quality of care. • Childcare employee records are accurately maintained with tracked hours turned in for payroll.
Children’s Ministry Responsibilities
• The Children’s Ministry programs are planned and executed with the Children’s Ministry Team (CMT) in alignment with the Children’s Mission Statement and PVUMC.
• Sunday school volunteers are trained for their roles prior to class and receive empowering, encouraging leadership during the 9:30 and 11:00 Sunday morning classes.
• The yearly Sunday morning calendar of activities for children is created & planned in cooperation with the CMT & Supervisor. (i.e., Advent and Lent activities, Visit of the Magi, Sunday class offerings, Bibles to 3rd Graders, stewardship, missions, Palm Sunday, Easter, etc.) • Volunteers for children’s activities, specifically Sunday school, Vacation Bible Camp, and the Easter Carnival are recruited three months before they are needed.
• Children’s Ministry teachers and event leaders have their curriculum, supplies, and other materials well in advance of when they are needed.
• The resource room and other Children’s Ministry storage areas are maintained and kept organized.
• The attendance records and contact information for Children’s Ministry events and programs are maintained. Furthermore, the CMT and your Supervisor are notified of church families who have been absent or need other follow-up.
• Communications and publicity are created & maintained in cooperation with your Supervisor such as emails, children’s newsletter, church newsletter, brochures, and bulletin boards. • Volunteers and staff who are planning and leading Children’s Ministry events outside of Sunday School (such as Vacation Bible Camp, the Easter Carnival, special events of the CMT, and Camp Mingus Elementary) receive additional support from the Children Minister’s remaining hours as able.
• Basic-to-intermediate computer skills for communication and record keeping using Microsoft office suite and Outlook email.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds. • Able to use short ladders to get to supplies and resources.
• Loves God and children.
• Organized, friendly & energetic.
• Able to welcome all children & families in alignment with PVUMC’s welcoming statement. • High school diploma.
• Experience in children’s ministry preferred.
• Familiarity with the United Methodist Church or willingness to gain knowledge and understanding of the UMC.
• Ability to work Sundays. • Pursues spiritually growth in self and others.
• According to experience
Training, Support and Supervision Provided
Orientation training provided. Monthly coordination and support provided through Children’s Ministry Team meetings.
Reports directly to Director of Family Ministries.
Will complete training to comply with Safe Sanctuary protocols
To Apply: Go to pvumc.applicantpro.com/jobs
To see more of how Paradise Valley United Methodist Church lives out its mission visit https://pvumc.org/.
Submit a program or event that you coordinated and/or created which describes who, what, where, why, and how you did it plus the results.
Submit a description of all your children’s ministry experiences as a volunteer or staff.
Paradise Valley United Methodist Church is a vibrant faith community of over 1,100 members in Paradise Valley, Arizona. Our vision is to be God’s Love in Action, providing an inclusive community of faith in which people can come to know the transformational power of the love of Jesus. With three worship services each Sunday and dozens of classes, small groups, and mission opportunities each week, we want to continue to build off our success and radically grow in the coming years.