We're located in woodbury, MNSign in to contact Trinity Presbyterian Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- has an average worship attendance of 75
Job at Trinity Presbyterian Church
The position calls for training and/or experience working with children and older youth, as well as excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills to motivate and inspire volunteers and members.
CHILDREN AND YOUTH EDUCATION COORDINATOR
Trinity Presbyterian Church in Woodbury, Minnesota
Trinity Presbyterian is a growing, 200 member church located in Woodbury, MN, a thriving suburb ten miles east of St. Paul. We are looking for a part-time (20-25 hours per week) leader of our Children and Youth Christian Education (CE) program. This role would provide leadership and support primarily in the areas of our growing Sunday church school (Preschool - 5th grade), Sunday evening Unleashed program (6th - 12th grade) and Wednesday Ignite program (2nd - 5th grade.) The position calls for training and/or experience working with children and older youth, as well as excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills to motivate and inspire volunteers and members.
The Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership and support toward improving the church's program and mission in the area of Children and Youth Christian education. This will primarily be done through managing current programs, reviewing ongoing programs, recommending changes in existing programs, and developing new programs.
The primary responsibilities of this position are outlined below. Additional responsibilities may be assigned from time to time.
- Teach within our Children and Youth Christian education program, e.g. Sunday School, Vacation Bible School (VBS), Confirmation, evaluate and expand as needed. Currently we use Feasting on the Word Total Church Plan Curriculum.
- Recruit and train church school teachers and substitutes, including volunteer leaders of youth group and chaperones of specific activities.
- Recruit, resource, support and attend Unleashed and Ignite programs, maintaining good communication with participants and caregivers.
- Communicate with teachers, children, youth and parents of church school children. Teachers' meetings, training opportunities, mailings, newsletter articles, bulletin boards, conversation, and other means will be utilized.
- Attendance on Sunday mornings for church school activities, assist in class as needed, answer questions, and general coordination of activities. Also, frequent participation in worship services.
- Involve children and youth in Sunday morning worship and other special events.
- Oversee church school resources, teaching materials, and supplies inventory. Order supplies when necessary.
- Make contact with visitors and new families with children as assigned.
- Attend weekly staff meetings for team building and support.
- Attend CE Committee meetings for program support.
- Ensure that we comply with church policies, with specific attention to the provisions of the current Child and Youth Protection Policy, to ensure the safety of children and youth.
- Explore potential collaboration with ecumenical partners in Woodbury.
- Oversee and manage Children and Youth Christian education budget and expenditures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Someone with a vital, growing relationship with God, who affirms our church's mission and vision for ministry.
- Training and teaching experience working with children and older youth within a Christian education capacity.
- Recent active involvement in the life of a congregation.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- College degree preferred.
- Approved background check.
The Children and Youth Education Coordinator is accountable to and supervised by the pastor as Head of Staff, and to the Session.
There will be a quarterly review during the first year by the Head of Staff, Personnel Committee, and CE Committee. There will be semiannual reviews after the first year.
This is a part-time salaried position (20-25 hours per week).
Interested candidates should mail their resume to Trinity Presbyterian Church, Attn: Children and Youth Education Coordinator Position, 2125 Tower Drive, Woodbury, MN 55125, or e-mail to [email protected]
We are a friendly and Christ-filled church willing to grow in God's love and to serve others. We care for creation, community, family, and Christian growth.