We're located at 10 College NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503Sign in to contact Central Reformed Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Children's Ministry
- Christian Education
- Family Ministry
- Young Adult / College Ministry
- is Reformed Church of America
- has an average worship attendance of 200
Job at Central Reformed Church
Director of Children and Youth Ministries
Position Title: Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries – Central Reformed Church, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reports to: Senior Minister
Position: Full time salary with benefits
Position Purpose: The Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries ministers to youth (7th through 12th grade) by nurturing their faith, developing their spiritual gifts for ministry, expanding their intellectual and spiritual horizons, calling them to discipleship, and deepening their relationship with Jesus Christ. The Director will organize and coordinate our church’s volunteer-driven children’s ministry (birth through 6th grade) as well as assist families in ways that build children’s faith foundation through stories, songs, and activities in the Christian tradition. The Director will pursue opportunities for connectivity, continuity, and collaboration across the children’s and youth programs. Central Reformed Church is a member of the Reformed Church of America and follows a traditional style of worship.
Minimum Bachelor Degree in a ministry-related field
• Experience working with youth required; experience working with children a plus • Successful leadership working with volunteers • Excellent organization and time management skills • Strong communication and interpersonal skills Responsibilities:
• Design and implement a youth ministry that integrates spiritual education, service learning, and relationship building, including Sunday morning education as well as Sunday evening youth gatherings. • Foster parental engagement in youth programs, recruit volunteers and provide oversight and training. • Provide leadership, staff support, expertise, and regular collaboration with the Children’s Discipleship Team, to facilitate selection of curriculum and planning of activities for all children’s ministry programs, including children and worship. • Manage the operation and staffing of the nursery including recruitment and hiring of nursery workers. • Collaborate with other staff members to ensure a consistent vision for lifelong learning • Have a “heart for people” – worshippers, volunteers, fellow staff members and the greater community of Central Reformed Church, socializing and communicating with congregation members and participating in the fellowship of the congregation as appropriate. Relationships: Work closely with the Senior Pastoral Leader and other groups as needed in the planning of Youth/Children’s programs.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to: Shelly LeMahieuh Dunn (Church Administrator) [email protected] or (hard copy) Central Reformed Church, 10 College Ave. NE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49503, attn: Shelly LeMahieuh Dunn.
Our Church Vision: We envision a ministry that encourages and equips God's people to use their gifts in service of God's kingdom.
Unity in Diversity
These are our deep convictions that we long to live out by God's grace.
Central Reformed Church is located in Grand Rapids, MI.