We're located at 7603 Greenville-Celina Rd, Greenville, OHSign in to contact Youth for Christ of the Miami Valley
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Administration / Coordination
- is Non-denominational
- has an average worship attendance of 0
Job at Youth for Christ of the Miami Valley
Youth for Christ is seeking to hire a full-time ministry director. This person must have a heart for God, a passion to reach lost teens, and the skills needed to connect with the community and an ability to recruit, mobilize, empower, and lead teams of adults and student leaders that will reach and disciple other teens. A bachelor’s degree and ministry experience are preferred.
I. PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to mobilize the community to develop personal relationships with local high school and middle school students that lead them to life-changing encounters with Jesus.
II. SCOPE: The PC Ministry Director will grow the foundation of support and service necessary to advance existing YFC ministries and establish new programs and sites throughout Preble County. He or she will recruit, train, and empower teams of adult leaders to launch outreach programs, and initiate Christ-sharing relationships with teenagers through which they are connected to Christ and the Church.
III. REPORTS TO: YFC Miami Valley Executive Director
IV. KNOW-HOW: The Full-Time Preble County Ministry Director must first possess a vital relationship with Christ that is evidenced by prayer, strong character, and a passion to reach the lost. He/she must have strong leadership and communication abilities in order to mobilize the community and establish a variety of teams and individuals to reach lost teens. He/she must have a good understanding about teenagers and the culture in which they live. He/she must be able to effectively manage a variety of responsibilities and have the self-discipline to succeed in an independent working environment.
V. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Builds a strong support team of adults who advise, support, pray and advocate for the cause.
2. Shares the message of YFC with members of the community, groups, and organizations.
3. Mobilizes and develops ministry and task volunteers to serve in the various roles needed to provide quality programs and minister to teens.
4. Helps create program venues through which ministry takes place. These vary, but include small and large group meetings, student leadership, special events, and opportunities for adult volunteers to begin and develop Christ-sharing relationships.
5. Conducts ministry personally with teens, working alongside volunteers and leading by example.
6. Connects teens to the Church and to discipleship opportunities.
7. Partners with people of likeminded ministries to better minister to teens.
8. Participates with other YFCMV staff in the planning and implementation of area-wide camps, retreats, activities and events.
9. Contributes to the fund-raising efforts of the organization through participation in projects, presentations, and personal ask.
10. Collects and records accurate ministry records.
11. Meets credentialing requirements.
VI. EFFECT ON END RESULT:
1. Ministry is strong and lasting because it is built on a solid foundation of community support and practices responsibility and accountability.
2. Large numbers of teens from many different subcultures are reached because of the number of volunteers mobilized and the variety of activities utilized.
3. Teens grow deep in relationship with Christ because of significant spiritual investment and ultimately connection with the Church.
4. Christian adults find opportunities to serve and grow as they also help teenagers.
5. Christ’s Kingdom is unified and strengthened as we work side by side with other ministries.