We're located at 220 W. 10th Street, Pueblo, CO 81003Sign in to contact First Presbyterian Church - Pueblo
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Christian Education
- is Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- has an average worship attendance of 225
Job at First Presbyterian Church - Pueblo
FPC of Pueblo seeks an individual to lead Youth and Christian Education Ministries.
Hours: 35 hours per week (Sunday mornings are required); remuneration commensurate with experience. This position offers some limited benefits such as: 403b, HSA, 3 weeks (105 hours) of vacation and 1 week of study leave, a low cost of living in the sunny and friendly city of Pueblo, CO.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Serve as principal coordinator/facilitator for the Youth Group(s), leading and directing youth group meetings and activities (typically weekly). • Coordinate and equip youth for participation in worship as liturgists, readers, etc. • Collaborate with other churches to develop ecumenical youth activities and programs. • Coordinate retreats, camps, mission projects, and other special events for youth. • Develop methods to form supportive and encouraging relationships with the youth. • Recruit and train volunteers to work effectively in our CE/youth programs. • Plan and implement Christian Education curricula for children, youth, and adults. • Oversee Vacation Bible School or similar summer educational opportunities. • Coordinate curriculum and instructors for the Confirmation Class (typically every other year). • Attend regular staff meetings and serve as the staff liaison to the Christian Education Ministry Team.
Required Skills and Experience:
Our ideal candidate will have a vital relationship with Christ and will be someone who is:
• Excited about youth and Christian Education. • A good listener who resonates warmth and compassion. • Flexible and able to communicate effectively with individuals of all ages. • A hospitable person who welcomes everyone and shares the Gospel without judgement. • Able to involve youth in fellowship/fun, service projects, Christian education, and worship. • Committed to working with our staff and CE Team to help children, youth, and adults grow in their faith.
• Imaginative in creating an environment in which people are empowered to express their faith. • Able to work with people with diverse ethnic, economic, and educational backgrounds and a wide range of theological positions.
• Dedicated to reaching out to the community and working with other churches. • Able to model collaborative leadership. • Willing to incorporate and train our youth to serve in congregational life (serving as Elders and Deacons, leading worship, teaching, etc.)
• Experience in the Christian spiritual formation of children, youth, and adults • Strong listening and communication skills with people of all ages • Ability to work collaboratively with volunteers and church staff • Commitment to developing one’s own walk with Christ • Our ideal candidate: would have at least a bachelor’s degree and a desire to work with people of various racial, social-economic, and religious backgrounds.
To apply, Send the following to [email protected] or to First Presbyterian Church – Pueblo, 220 W. 10th St., Pueblo, CO 81003 Attn: Personnel Committee. Please be sure to include: 1) A brief cover letter to tell us about yourself and your background; 2) A resume highlighting relevant experience and education, and 3) three references and their contact information. (If you choose, references can be made available upon request.)
For more information, please email us at [email protected] or phone: (719) 542-7322
Application Deadline: Open until filled
First Presbyterian Church of Pueblo is located in the heart of Pueblo, Colorado’s third-largest city, with abundant sunshine, convenient access to the mountains, and reasonable cost of living.
We are a welcoming congregation belonging to the Presbyterian Church (USA). We have just over 500 members, making us the largest church in our Presbytery. FPC is very active in our community hosting dozens of community groups including Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, AA, NA, a women’s barbershop group, and square dancing. Our members are also very active in the community helping tutoring, missions, serving the homeless and more. Our core values include the emotional and spiritual development of children and youth and helping those experiencing homelessness. In April, we started a monthly service for adults and children with special needs and their families.
Our ideal candidate will find a congregation that is very supportive of Christian Spiritual Formation and excellent program staff including our: Sr. Pastor, Part-time Associate Pastor for young adults and families, Director of Pastoral Care, and many dedicated volunteers. We have a very active Christian Education program for all ages which seeks to help people grow more intentionally. This position provides vital leadership in planning and implementing the Christian Education and Youth Ministries of FPC as we guide the spiritual formation of children, youth, and adults in our church and in our larger community.