We're located at 1300 E. 15th St., Plano, TX 75074Sign in to contact First Baptist Church Plano
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Baptist
- has an average worship attendance of 424
Job at First Baptist Church Plano
NextGen Pastor Job Description for First Baptist Plano
Qualifications: At least a Bachelor’s Degree
3 - 5 years’ experience working with students in some capacity
Primary Function: Develop a vibrant and welcoming student ministry by giving excellent vision and leadership to FBP’s Middle School, High School, and College students, laying the foundation for a lifetime of following Jesus. Report to the Executive Pastor.
Expectations for both Middle School/High School and College Ministries
• Live an exemplary and authentic life as a follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to make disciples. • Recruit, train, lead, and inspire volunteer student ministry workers. • Work closely with church staﬀ to involve students in the overall ministry of FBP and to coordinate student ministry with the vision and values of FBP. • Develop and pursue goals, objectives, and strategies for comprehensive student ministry, including new Christian training, discipleship, small groups, and outreach. • Model and emphasize worship and worship service attendance as a vital part of the student ministry. • Lead in budget planning, development, management, and stewardship for the student ministry. Administer the student ministry budget with diligence and integrity. • Continue to grow professionally by proactively keeping up with and incorporating best practices—eﬀective and wise methods, resources, and communication of student ministry—through continuing education and conference and training event participation.
Specific Middle School and High School Ministry Expectations
Build Relationships by:
• Working closely with students, volunteers, and parents. • Developing, coordinating, and emphasizing Sunday morning Bible study as the foundation of the student ministry. Leading in its outreach, ministry, teaching, training, and enlistment areas. • Coordinating (with input and ownership from students, parents, and volunteers) student ministry special events such as camps, mission projects/trips, Disciple Now, senior recognition days, conferences, recreation, fellowships, and luncheons. • Supporting students outside of church activities, arranging meetings for lunch, and attending games and events at their schools or other venues. • Communicating with parents of students to give information of programs and training, to build trust, and to give support.
Specific College and University Ministry Expectations
• Lead and coordinate ministries to reach out to students on area campuses. • Build relationships and work closely with university students and volunteers. Include meaningful connection and communication with FBP students in school away from Plano. • Work in partnership with BSM to: - Coordinate and oversee ongoing outreach to international students. - Be the FBP ambassador and liaison to the BSM and other campus ministries at UTD (University of Texas Dallas) and other local college campuses. - Coordinate fellowships, mission/ministry projects, and other events. • Develop, coordinate, and emphasize Sunday morning Bible study as an integral part of the university ministry. Lead in its outreach, ministry, and enlistment areas. • Develop, coordinate, and promote oﬀ and on-campus Bible studies/small groups. • Pursue and promote conferences and events to enhance students’ spiritual growth.
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations
• Collaborate with staﬀ to support “The Gathering” service by coordinating the front-of-house teams in “The Gathering,” including but not limited to: set up, hospitality, greeting, and community building. • Model the role of networking and relationship-building with guests in “The Gathering.” • Participate in staﬀ meetings, hospital visitation, and outreach assignments. • Serve as staﬀ liaison and give leadership and encouragement to assigned committees and/or ministry teams. • Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor or Senior Pastor.
Plano is a dynamic and diverse metro area. The First Baptist Church of Plano is a historic downtown church, traditional in its makeup, yet preparing to relocate just north of the University of Texas at Dallas. We have two services: The Gathering (contemporary) and The Classic Gathering. We are multigenerational and missional. Two of First Baptist's strengths are collaborative leadership and music ministry.