We're located at 10900 Ironbridge Rd., Chester, VA 23831Sign in to contact Ironbridge Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is Baptist (Southern)
- has an average worship attendance of 275
Job at Ironbridge Church
We are in search of an ordained student pastor to lead our team of active and committed volunteers who disciple our students to reach their community with the love of Christ.
The function of this position is to serve as the Student Pastor for Ironbridge Baptist Church (IBC). This position is an individual called by God to serve as an ordained minister of the Southern Baptist Convention. He should be a graduate of a recognized Southern Baptist or comparable seminary. A criminal background and a credit check are required prior to hiring and at any time thereafter at the discretion of the Leadership Team.
Areas of Responsibility:
The Student Pastor is expected to lead the youth education of the church and to fulfill other ministerial responsibilities but not limited to: visitation; counseling with the youth; leading the church in planning; conducting and evaluating a comprehensive program of youth ministry; assisting in the spiritual preparation of candidates for baptism and their post baptismal counseling.
The Student Pastor devotes his time developing ministries and programs including large groups, small groups, and outreach that will result in salvation, discipleship, and maturity of middle school, high school, and college age students. Other responsibilities include, but are not solely limited to:
1. Plans, coordinates, and leads activities involving students (Including middle school, high school, and post high school age (college or career) age students).
2. Leads, supports, and collaborates with the Student Ministry Teams to include parents, volunteers, and student leaders.
3. Meets regularly with the Student Ministry Teams to calendar events; identify needs; and set goals for the entire student ministry.
4. Collaborates with Church Ministry Staff and organizational leaders to enlist student involvement.
5. Keeps the Senior Pastor advised in the use of program materials, equipment, supplies, and space by student groups in all church program organizations.
6. Directs Student Ministry in planning, organizing, and leading special projects and ministries such as camps, retreats, mission trips, and conferences.
7. Enlists and trains student leaders and students to participate in outreach visitation.
8. Works with program leaders, teachers and parents to resolve problems within Student Ministry.
9. Provides leadership in developing short-, mid-, and long-term plans for the Student Ministry programs and budgets.
10. Participates in continuing ministry education, workshops, and seminars.
11. Participates and/or leads congregational services as requested by the Senior Pastor.
12. Participates in all congregational worship services that do not conflict with Student Ministry programs.
13. Provides pastoral counseling for students and/or their parents as needed.
14. Participates in the overall visitation ministry of the church including hospital, pastoral, and/or bereavement visits.
1. Vibrant personal relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ.
2. Deep personal sense of calling by God to vocational ministry.
3. Genuine personal commitment to a ministry lifestyle.
4. Strong competencies in ministry and preferably a graduate of a recognized Southern Baptist or comparable seminary.
5. In full agreement with IBC’s vision, mission, and doctrinal statements.
6. A minimum of 3-5 years of experience serving in Student Ministry with demonstrated leadership attributes.
7. Excellent communication (both oral and written) and organizational skills required.
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Ironbridge Church is a theologically conservative church, with a contemporary worship style.