We're located at 265 West Cheves Street, Florence, SCSign in to contact Central United Methodist Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- is United Methodist
- has an average worship attendance of 550
Job at Central United Methodist Church
The Director of Youth Discipleship provides guidance for programming and ministry activities that assist middle and high school students (7-12 grade) grow in their faith and discipleship of Jesus Christ.
Hours: Full-time position that requires weekend and evening responsibilities
Accountability: Accountable to and supervised by the Minister of Faith Formation
Education: B.A. or equivalent degree required
• Spiritual gifts: exhortation, leadership, and administration • Organizational and communication skills • Willingness and ability to work as part of a ministerial team • Computer and social media proficiency • Ability to delegate and/or oversee committees
• Coordinate with the adult members of the Youth Ministry Team to plan and carry out a comprehensive program for youth that includes worship, study, fellowship, service experiences, and other experiences that guide youth as they grow in faith • Ensure Safe Sanctuaries Protective Policy is adhered to in all youth programs and ministries • Coordinate and develop the annual operating budget with Youth Ministry Team • Develop and equip youth-led Youth Council • Invite, empower, train, and support others to be in ministry with youth, including Sunday school, UMYF and Wednesday night programming as well as mission opportunities • Assist clergy in providing a comprehensive Confirmation program that includes education, fellowship, mentors, and service • Partner with the Outreach Team to lead and participate in Santahatchie Mission, Salkehatchie Mission, and a foreign mission. Empower and engage youth to participate in the outreach ministries of Central UMC. • Develop small group ministry within the Youth Ministry • Encourage youth to participate in worship services • Coordinate with the Youth Ministry Team to organize and plan all special events that foster strong families and fellowship with the congregation (including the Confirmation, Youth Sunday, Graduate Sunday, among others) • Work with the Director of Children’s Ministry to provide Jr. UMYF events for 6th graders • Purchase all curriculum and supplies needed for the proper functioning of all programs • Plan and implement Youth Sunday with other staff members
• Provide timely and consistent communications to the parents and church members • Respond promptly and appropriately to parent concerns • Provide a parent handbook, calendar of events, and a Confirmation handbook • Solicit feedback to continually improve the program
• Serve as a liaison between the Youth Ministry Team and the Education and Spiritual Growth Team • Assist Youth Ministry Chair in writing and presenting the Youth Ministry Charge Conference report, with a section from the Youth Council president • Maintain connections to United Methodist activities and groups at the District and Conference levels, including participating in Conference Youth events
We are located in the heart of downtown Florence where we have proudly served our community since 1870. Since our inception, Central has sought to follow Jesus by loving God and neighbor. This, for us, means meaningful worship and study, relationship-building within our congregation and in the community, serving others by repairing homes, sharing bread, and supporting ministries with contributions of time, talent, and financial resources. Built on a strong foundation, this church has survived tornadoes, fires, and rapid changes in Florence. Our hearts, minds, and doors are open to all people.