We're located at 20650 Cumberland Rd. Noblesville, IN 46062Sign in to contact Bethel Lutheran Church
This is a job in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Young Adult / College Ministry
- is Lutheran (Other)
- has an average worship attendance of 300
Job at Bethel Lutheran Church
Youth and Family Minister
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Leading our Middle school and High school programs;
a. Confirmation classes
b. High School Midweek group
c. Service Projects for the church and the community
2. Develop goals for growing these programs and attract more families and youth to grow in faith and become disciples through Bethel.
3. Work with the Senior Pastor as required to promote programs and seek involvement from the congregation
Other areas to be developed by this position, the Senior Pastor, and Church staff may include:
a. Retreats and Summer Camp for High School Youth
b. Interact with Preschool Staff and Sunday School Program
c. Promote the youth ministry in the community.
d. Develop ministry opportunities to young adults (18-30 years old) in the congregation
In addition, s/he may assume additional responsibilities as determined in consultation with the Senior Pastor in response to new ministry opportunities and congregational needs.
The successful candidate will (in no particular order):
• have a degree from a two- or four-year college or university or more than 5 years of youth and family ministry experience; • demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills; • be familiar with the various social media platforms and their effective use in youth and family ministry; • be willing and able to create and manage teams of people to oversee this area of ministry; and • demonstrate basic competence with computer programs and apps including MSOffice, Remind, Zoom / Google Hangouts, or their equivalents
Accountability and Support • Participate in weekly tactical check-in with Senior Pastor • Participate in monthly strategic All-Staff meeting • Semi-Annual ministry review and goal setting with All-Staff • Annual ministry review with Senior Pastor
Compensation • Two days off each week (Mondays, plus one other day of the staff members’ choosing, not Sunday). • Two weeks of paid vacation (including four Sundays) • One week of continuing education (including $500 for expenses) • $1,000 Professional Expense Allowance • Starting salary will fall within a range based on education level and previous experience and will not be less than $35,000 annually. • Healthcare and pension benefits will be available after the successful completion of initial 90-days of employment.
*These benefits may be taken prior to the first anniversary of employment.
Bethel Lutheran Church is a vibrant congregation of the North American Lutheran Church with a long history in Cicero and Noblesville Indiana. We are blessed to offer a multi-faceted, mission-oriented ministry that strives to deploy its members as fully devoted disciples of Jesus Christ. We have a heart passion for local, national, and international missions.
The Youth Ministry within Bethel has many opportunities for growth and this candidate will be key to coordinating this effort through all age groups of youth at Bethel, but especially Middle School and High School. Our current youth minister has given notice and we seek to fill this position by August 1, 2020.