I live in Warrenville, IL, and am not willing to relocate.Sign in to contact Nancy Goodwin
I would like to work in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Young Adult / College Ministry
I would like to work at a…
- Lutheran (ELCA) church
- Presbyterian (PCUSA) church
- United Church of Christ (UCC) church
Nancy Goodwin's résuméLast updated
Experienced Youth Director who adores teens and finds joy in guiding them into a life of knowing Jesus and showing Jesus to all around them, looking for a church family to share my faith and gifts with to create a loving environment where ALL belong.
First Presbyterian Church. Wheaton, IL
Director of High School Ministry
01/2016 - 06/2020
• Developed and led all aspects of faith formation and growth activities for high school students, including weekly youth group meetings, small groups, confirmation and Sunday school. • Developed and initiated a new mentorship program. • Built and trained a student leadership team and adult volunteer team. • Counseled individuals or groups concerning their spiritual, emotional or personal needs. • Planned outings, fundraisers, service projects, weekend retreats and summer mission trips. • Designed and conducted several worship services each program year. • Promoted and communicated events using Constant Contact, Remind, Facebook, Instagram and text messages. • Created an atmosphere for the group that was a non-judgmental, welcoming and comfortable place to deepen faith and friendships. • Prior to being employed as the Youth Director, I was an active volunteer in the program for 10 years.
Coman & Anderson, P.C.. Lisle, IL
09/2003 - 12/2017
• Provided comprehensive accounting support to company by managing functions like payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and business expense processing. • Streamlined bookkeeping procedures to increase efficiency and productivity. • Contributed to development of office operations manual and improved accounting procedures by implementing accounting databases and software. • Analyzed financial data derived from multiple reporting systems to develop recommendations for operational and performance improvements.
North Central College
Bachelor of Arts: Accounting
• CPR/Choking/AED • Youth Mental Health First Aid USA • Trained Stephen Minister
• Excellent Communication Skills • Team building • Relationship development • Program development • MS Office proficient • Superior attention to detail • Exceptional organization • Social Media Expertise • Guitar, keyboard and vocal skills
HOW I WORK
• Extremely Responsive to Emails • Over-communicate when necessary • Motto I live by: Be Always Kind and True" • If it's broken, own it and fix it • Every challenge is an opportunity • When in doubt, Google it