I live in Norwalk ,CT, and am willing to relocate.Sign in to contact Jake Kircher
I would like to work in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Administration / Coordination
- Assistant/Associate pastor
- Family Ministry
- Young Adult / College Ministry
I would like to work at a…
Jake Kircher's résuméLast updated
Strong, strategic leader with a can-do attitude and long-term experience working with organizations to meet, and ultimately exceed, their goals. A jack of many trades, I have used my diverse skills as an administrator, strategic leader and communicator to help people think deeply about identity, theology and relationships for the sake of discovering and growing into their full God-given potential.
Key Contributions and Accomplishments:
• Directed and implemented a digital giving strategy for nonprofit organization which brought in $500,000 in donations in two-year span, an increase of 50% comparatively. • Created and led a yearly service trip to Tijuana, Mexico that has involved 150 participants and successfully fundraised 100% of the expenses for that trip exceeding $400,000 over 10 years by organizing community fundraisers and working with trip participants on mail and digital fundraising campaigns. • Implemented and designed an app for the organization which resulted in 2,000 downloads, 12,000 media plays and 85,000 app impressions since October 2015. • Increased the teen program 400% from 30 teens involved monthly to 120 by establishing organization of programming, creating new programming, developing a communication strategy to families, recruiting and developing new volunteers and consulting with members. • Increased young adult involvement from 0 to 40 and parent programming involvement from 0 to 160 by creating and developing programming, focused marketing strategies and recruiting new members. • Awarded the 2009 Asset Builder of the Year by the Town of New Canaan awarded annually to 1 person involved in the community.
Grace Community Church: New Canaan, CT August 2007 – July 2017
Next Generation Pastor (January 2015 – July 2017)
• Managed staff positions, consultant positions, 50 plus volunteers, and 400 members. • Accountable for strategic planning, communications, training, program development, fundraising, and financial management of a $30,000 budget. • Served as a community liaison to develop partnerships with other non-profit and government agencies in Fairfield County. • Provided coaching and counseling for members, developed and managed organization wide programs, and coordinated organization technology and A/V efforts. • Directed all aspects of the organization related to young adults (20s and 30s) and provided support for parents. Youth Pastor (August 2007 – December 2014)
• Managed 1 staff position, 25 plus volunteers, and 200 members in these demographics. • Accountable for strategic planning, communications, training, program development, fundraising, financial management of a $18,000 budget and community liaison. • Directed all aspects of the organization related to teens and provided support for parents.
First Congregational Church: Essex, MA September 2001 – August 2007
Part Time Youth Pastor (June 2003 – August 2007)
Assistant Youth Minister (August 2002 – May 2003)
Volunteer Youth Leader (August 2001 – June 2002)
• Directed all aspects of organization to teens and provided support for parents. • Managed 15 plus volunteers and 75 members. • Accountable for strategic planning, communications, training, program development, fundraising, financial management of a $5,000 budget. • Increased the teen program 333% from 15 teens involved monthly to 50 by establishing organization of programming, creating new programming, developing a communication strategy to families, recruiting and developing new volunteers and consulting with members.
Gordon College: Wenham, MA Graduated: September 2004
• Bachelor of Arts in Youth Ministries
• Strategic Leadership • Teaching & Preaching • Fundraising • Social Media • Administrative Organization • Pastoral Counseling • Graphic Design (Adobe) • Web Design • Program Development • Marketing Communications • Budget Management • Audio and Visual Tech
New Canaan CARES September 2012 – Present
Social Media Consultant
• Led workshops for parents and for teens on the topic of digital citizenship and tech use impacting 8 area schools and reaching 250 parents and teens per year. • Consulted and implemented changes to email marketing strategies that saved 100% of expense cost.
REACH Youth New England January 2010 – June 2017
Communications and Training Consultant
• Managed bi-weekly email communications and designed/maintained the organization website. • Developed and implemented three regional conferences that trained 200 youth workers yearly. • Coordinated county wide network and developed and implemented annual retreat that impacted 300 teens yearly. • Developed We Love Our Youth Worker initiative for the US and organized and led a national gathering in Washington DC of 40 cross-denominational leaders.
• Board Member/Event Planner for New Canaan’s Domestic Violence Partnership • Board Member/Event Planner for the New Canaan Youth Adult Partnership Board • Board Member/Marketing and Design for the New Canaan Coalition of Families • Wrote a 6-week course on marriage that has been run three times totaling 75 participants • Published in print and online for numerous magazines and websites, and have authored sixteen books and curriculum, and collaborated on two other published works