I live in Kansas City, MO, and am willing to relocate.Sign in to contact Shelby Voigt
I would like to work in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Camp Ministry
- Family Ministry
- Young Adult / College Ministry
I would like to work at a…
- Presbyterian (PCUSA) church
- United Church of Christ (UCC) church
- United Methodist church
- Non-denominational church
Shelby Voigt's résuméLast updated
Heartland Center Kansas City, MO
Day Camp Program Director (January 2017-August 2017)
• Manage a multi-tiered team of employees: training, evaluation, growth.
• Coordinate programs with over 30 churches and organizations.
• Create and improve programs for children and youth that is mission- focused on building relationships and providing role models.
Intern Coordinator (September 2015-September 2016)
• Create schedules for a team of interns, manage work assignments, train in programming areas of year-round non-profit management.
• Create social media marketing campaigns across platforms.
• Recruit staff for summer camp and internship programs.
• Direct Heartland’s Senior High Leadership program.
Intern (June 2014-August 2014)
• Assist in the program, retreat and maintenance departments of a non-profit camp and retreat center and local religious organization.
• Facilitate outdoor activities and enforce safety standards.
Blueprint Schools Network Denver, CO
Fellow (October 2013-June 2014)
• Develop daily lesson plans for elementary-aged students in urban schools, combining research-based tutoring and original ideas.
• Create and implement behavior plans and mentor students.
• Partake in professional development classes concerning the education system in low-income school districts.
Mizzou Publishing Columbia, MO
Associate (December 2010-June 2013)
• Coordinate self-publishing and design events for the public.
• Assist in marketing strategies to authors and designers.
• Communicate with copyright divisions of publishing companies.
• Oversee the educational music publishing department.
Missouri Coordinated Campaign Columbia, MO
Campaign Fellow (August 2012-November 2012)
• Coordinate political events for statewide and national politicians.
• Recruit and train volunteers in political communication and crowd-building efforts.
Field Intern (May 2012-July 2012)
• Communicate with citizens about upcoming political elections over the phone, door-to-door and at campaign events.
• Input of political data and organizing of voter statistics.
Newsy Columbia, MO
Community Intern (May 2011-September 2011)
• Promote multi-source video news across social media platforms.
• Contributing author to organization blog.
• Stay up-to-date on current events and marketing strategies.
University of Missouri
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Minor in Religious Studies
Creative and journalistic writing
Customer service experience
Data collection and organization
Graphic design experience
Social media marketing
Hobbies and Interests