I live in Kentucky, and am willing to relocate.Sign in to contact Micah Patterson
I would like to work in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Administration / Coordination
- Assistant/Associate pastor
- Camp Ministry
- Family Ministry
I would like to work at a…
- Baptist church
- Baptist (Southern) church
- Non-denominational church
Micah Patterson's résuméLast updated
I have been involved in student ministry for over 18 years and love serving the local church to bring the community and the world closer to Christ.
- YMI Adolescent Orphan Initiative Director, Louisville, KY 2014 – Present Co-Creator and Director YMI’s ministry to reach out to adolescent orphans throughout the world by equipping and training Youth Ministry workers, pastors, and leaders within the local church, to use evangelism, discipleship, and holistic ministry to reach these teens and give them hope.
- Middle School Youth Pastor Crestwood Baptist Church, Crestwood, KY 2010 – 2014 Was a part of starting and implementing the churches first separated middle school department. I lead all activities on a weekly basis and am responsible for the middle school students of our church. I am in charge or programming and facilitating all levels on the middle school ministry. We have seen a tremendous benefit even in the short time that they ministry has been segregated. Currently we will have 90-100 middle school students come through our programs in a given week.
- Youth Pastor Buckner Baptist Church, Buckner, KY 2006 – 2010 Served the church as youth pastor implementing programs to further reach the students of the community. Led our group from 6 to 20 students in that time. Was able to see many grow spiritually. We participated in a mission trip every year including their first International mission trip to Ukraine. We have also been a part of various other ministries in the community. I was able to take this group as far as we could and when I felt, had developed leaders within the ministry that I was able to hand over the ministry to them.
- Boyce College Youth Ministry Approved Site Practicum Louisville, KY 2002-2007 Worked as part of the curriculum at Boyce College with several churches to help hone my skills as a youth pastor as well as further the ministry of those churches. During this time I served at Youth Ministry International as and intern where I worked for YMI and the Center for Youth Ministry at Boyce College. Participated in planning of events and trips such as Vision Conference and Youth Emphasis week. Led a group of college students on church planting campaign in Lexington, KY to help in first service of Center Point Church. Also involved in research and campaign to help the CYM reach more college students. Served as a summer Intern for YMI in Kiev, Ukraine from May 2004- July 2004 where I spent the summer in Kiev working with the local church in their student ministry to build a stronger group dynamic. Coordinated with the nationals to implement multiple youth events. Led several youth events that impacted and drew in people. Preached multiple times on various topics to promote the unity of the youth group. Worked with the administration of YMI in order to reorganize their Kiev headquarters. Experienced daily the culture in order to better serve the people. Through this program I also was able to serve in a small Filipino congregation to implement and facilitate a youth program that had never been formed before. I developed a program that was culturally appropriate and trained the leadership to take over as I transitioned out.
- Associate Director, Words to Works Ministry, Jacksonville, Florida Summer 2003 Worked as associate director to help facilitate the Words to Works ministry that was designed to minister to the inner city children of Jacksonville, FL. I was in charge of 30 summer interns that also came to help for the summer. Preached in the local churches as well as lead summer missionary bible studies. Was in charge of multiple administrative duties that dealt with the everyday running of the ministry. Handled discipline problems within the organization as well as in the ministry. Oversaw the multimedia department and produced videos for each aspect of the ministry.
- Youth Internship, First Baptist Church Glen St. Mary, Glen St. Mary, Florida. 2000-2002 Worked under the close leadership of Michael Schatz for two years, in Beyond Belief Ministries, to embrace teenagers, support them through relationships with other Christians, equip them to grow in their faith, and encourage the growing to serve others and enjoy God daily. In order to achieve these goals, we worked together on multimedia tools, such as live video feed, inner-office produced videos, live music, and by creating multimedia video brochure CD’s.
Masters of Divinity in Missions (Complete 34 hrs)
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Kentucky
Emphasis – Intercultural Youth Ministries
Boyce College Bachelor of Science (Graduated May 2006) Louisville, Kentucky
Major - Youth Ministry
Various other Universities
Background in Accounting and Business Administration
I have a strong skill set in technology. I have the gift of teaching and preaching. I have the ability to plan and organize well. I get the job done in a quick and efficient manner. I enjoy leading a team in a concise and practical manner and desire to lead from a team approach.
As you will see from the enclosed resume, I have more than 18 years of experience in the field of Student Ministry and Missions. My resume shows that I have been consistently recognized for my hard work with promotions and increased responsibilities. These achievements are a direct result of my expertise in Student Ministry and Missions, my commitment to personal and professional excellence, and my excellent written and oral communication skills. In addition, what you might not see from my resume is my work and passion for Orphan Ministry. Over the last few years, I have continued to develop and grow my skills with International Orphan Ministry and I wish to continue this growth as well. I do believe that I would be an asset to your church in a plethora of ways. My age and experience gives me the ability to lead well and with authority. I know what it means to develop a solid, biblically based, family ministry.