I live in Kentucky, and am willing to relocate.Sign in to contact Micah Patterson
I would like to work in…
- Youth / Student Ministry
- Administration / Coordination
- Assistant/Associate pastor
- Camp Ministry
- Family Ministry
I would like to work at a…
- Baptist church
- Baptist (Southern) church
- Non-denominational church
Micah Patterson's résuméLast updated
I have been involved in student ministry for over 18 years and love serving the local church to bring the community and the world closer to Christ.
Youth Ministry International (YMI) – Louisville, Kentucky
Adolescent Orphan Initiative Director, 2014 to Present
Train staff members, pastors, and leaders at local church to help adolescent orphans throughout the world. Lead instructional seminars. Emphasize engagement through evangelism, education, and holistic ministry.
• Established initiative, which raised organization’s awareness of the need for orphan ministries. • Proposed and coordinated short-term mission trips with partnering churches. Crestwood Baptist Church – Crestwood, Kentucky
Middle School Youth Pastor, 2010 to 2014
Directed all activities and programs for 90-100 weekly participants.
• Played instrumental role in developing well-received standalone middle school department. • Created middle school worship band. Buckner Baptist Church – Buckner, Kentucky
Youth Pastor, 2006 to 2010
Spearheaded programs to connect with students in community.
• Increased youth group membership from six to 20 students. • Organized first international youth mission trip to Ukraine and subsequent annual mission trips. • Trained and coached future ministry leaders. • Built enriching and enduring relationships with youths and their parents. YMI | Center for Youth Ministry (CYM) at Boyce College – Louisville, Kentucky
Intern, 2002 to 2007
As part of Boyce College curriculum and youth pastor training, supported several churches in expanding their reach and planning events and trips, including Vision Conference and Youth Emphasis Week.
• Supervised team of college students for CYM’s church planting campaign. • Aided CYM’s research efforts and campaigns to appeal to more college students. • Travelled to Kiev to restructure YMI’s Kiev headquarters, promote cohesion within local church’s student ministry, and arrange youth events that encouraged more participation. • As YMI Summer Intern, launched Filipino congregation in Louisville’s first youth program and developed self-sufficient youth ministry leaders. Words to Works Ministry – Jacksonville, Florida
Associate Director, Summer 2003
Presided over 30 summer interns, multimedia department, and disciplinary measures. Preached in local churches and taught summer missionary bible studies.
Additional experience as Youth Ministry Intern at First Baptist Church of Glen and as Administrative Assistant at YMI.
Bachelor of Science, Youth Ministry
Boyce College, Louisville, Kentucky
Coursework in Divinity Master’s Program, Intercultural Youth Ministries
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Kentucky
Coursework in Accounting and Business Administration
• Highly experienced with managing programs, events, and international mission trips in diverse environments. • Record of instituting new youth programs, finding opportunities for improvement, and strengthening ministry leaders’ ability to communicate with students. • Articulate preacher on variety of topics. Skilled at producing videos and multimedia presentations to bolster messages. • Passion for nurturing young people’s spiritual growth and sense of purpose both locally and abroad.
I am confident that my significant career is a perfect match for your needs. With more than 15 years of experience supporting youth ministry operations, I am eager to explore this opportunity with you.
Currently accountable for the Adolescent Orphan Initiative at Youth Ministry International (YMI)—a Christian organization that trains youth workers to serve local churches—I hold responsibility for interfacing with leaders across multiple departments to build consensus and initiate productive change. Having advanced through a number of specialized roles, you will quickly note the strength and scope of my abilities upon reviewing my resume.
A few highlights of my strong qualifications include the following:
• Formed Adolescent Orphan Initiative to promote awareness of the need for orphan ministries and organized short-term mission trips with YMI’s partnering churches. • Raised youth group membership at Buckner Baptist Church from six to 20 students and led first international youth mission trip. • As a YMI Intern, created first youth program in Louisville’s Filipino congregation.
Sincerely interested in further exploring this opportunity, I propose we arrange a time for us to meet, where we can discuss your needs and my background in detail. Until then, thank you for your consideration.
Micah J. Patterson